Thursday 20 October 2011

Practical Considerations

While I was in the process of picking my activity I asked myself what are the practical considerations of doing this activity for 2 hours a week? Practical considerations are what I had to take into account when picking the activity.

Some questions that I asked myself were:
·         Do I have 2 hours a week to spare to do an activity on top of my studies?
·         What will be my weekly budget to buy food?
·         What will I prepare each day?
·         When will I cook? Early or Late?

My practical considerations were:
In order for me to engage fully in this activity for 2 hours each week, I must ensure that I manage my time well so that I can have time to cook and relax so that I can cook my food without having to worry about my studies and in order for me to have ‘me time’. I need a fully stoked fridge and freezer of all the foods that I can eat so I don’t cheat and get takeaways. I also need a fully equipped kitchen with good lighting, a stove, pots, pans and microwave. I also need a fair bit of space to prepare and cook my food. I have also considered the best times for me to cook in the kitchen without having to share it with 5 other people. I always cook with music playing in the background which helps me to have fun and not think of cooking as a chore. I have a weekly budget for food as I cook for myself and I am not allowed to go over that budget so I always make sure that I have a list of what I need and I write on the list the amount of money I have in my bank account so I forget my budget. I also make sure that if my food is in the freezer that I take it out to defrost before I leave for uni in the mornings, so that I don’t have to worry about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment