Thursday 27 October 2011

The Framework and the Need

The Framework:

Need/alienation --> Affordances + Ergonomics = Activity --> Engagement/satisfaction

The Need:

In one of our tutorials we needed to identify the need of activity, I thought “oh yeah that’s easy” but then when I sat down with Mary she said to take away the scales (since my original need was to lose weight) and she asked what did I have? She asked me a number of questions to help me identify my main needs for going on the diet in the first place. Thinking about what she said really made me think about the reasons I decided to do this diet. I’ll tell you a little something about me when people pester me about things I don’t ever do but then the moment they don’t think something will work I’m generally the first person stepping up to prove them prove. All the questions that Mary asked me made me realise a few things about myself and why I’m doing what I’m doing. In that one tutorial my needs changed, I don’t know if it was because I hadn’t really thought about or that I wasn’t asking myself the right questions.

My need(s) were:
·         To improve my overall health
·         Determination to prove people wrong about the diet
·         To feel in control
·         To feel content with who I am and what I look like
·         Weight loss
·         Creativity/passion about the foods and what I was cooking

Meeting the needs:
·         Seeing the results of losing weight
·         Increased concentration and focus
·         Increased body image and self esteem
·         Satisfaction of proving people
·         Making a stand for the person I am and who I want to be
·         Acceptance of challenges

No comments:

Post a Comment